Sunday, July 22, 2012

Letters, packages, and photos!!

So not a whole lot has happened since my last post.  I am back at home stay after much traveling for another three weeks before moving permanently to Kumasi area.  It will be so nice to settle and stop living out of a suitcase. And spend enough time in one area to get to know it well.  I received letters from my friends Andres and Kiere!!  I loved that!  Getting an actual handwritten letter is a refreshment and I promise as soon as I get to site I will sit down and write to everyone.  I also received a most awesome package from Brian.  Here's a few of my favorite photos so far.

The first pic I took in Ghana


These giant snails are also a delicacy
 Crazy traffic.  It's just one never-ending, multi-player game of chicken
 Bus station in Accra
 My home stay room
 Courtyard area of my current home

 Neighborhood kids

 Pounding fufu, common dish in ghana made of plantain and cassava


 outside of the local 'spot' we frequent.  Pretty  :)
 The next four were taken on the way to and at Kibi School for the Deaf.  Gorgeous area, I love the effect of the fog around the mountains



 Oyoko Methodist S.H.S.  where I did my teacher training.
 Mercy, my sister.  She loves my specs and looks great in them!! 

 Markey Day!!


 We picked up a few guys in our full taxi on the way home, so they were placed in the trunk of course! :)


 My friends Kate and Sarah!
 Slick Vick and I anxiously awaiting our language announcement
 trying to learn west african dances
 My first street meat! It may have been goat or lizard.  :)
 Sisiters, Mercy, Agi, and Fausti

 I'm gonna miss this girl after I leave home stay!!
 This is the head of a German NGO in my village.  He had done so much they made him an honorary chief!  
 The headmistress made this room for me during my site visit because my home wasn't ready yet.  Complete with a TV and a high voltage converter!
 Marta, the headmistress St. Georges S.H.S where I will be teaching, on her way to the installation of the Archbishop.  She rocks.
 Archbishop istallation
 These next few are of Lake Bosomtwe, pretty much where I will be living the next two years.  :)



 Check out these sexy gams.  I do use a mosquito net and insect repellent.  The one that looks like a small volcano is recovering from a pretty nasty infection.  Yay Ghana!! :)
 Boti Falls Excursion.  GEORGEOUS!!




Here's a moving ball of a few hundred red millipede things.  They come out after it rains!!
Forget pick up trucks, this guy is resourceful.. :)

2 comments:

  1. glad you got my letter. the headmistress is hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just read the President of Ghana just died. i am assuming we will read about this in your next blog post.

    ReplyDelete